International Study Center

Transitioning to campus

Get ready

While you are studying online with us this fall, we know you will also be getting ready to join us in Boca Raton in person in January. Please read the information below about next steps for obtaining a student visa to come and study with us at the Lynn campus.

What do I need to do before I arrive on campus?

A visa allows a foreign citizen to travel to a U.S. port-of-entry and request permission from the U.S. immigration officer to enter the USA. It does not guarantee entry into the USA.

Most non-U.S. citizens who wish to study in the USA will seek an F-1 (non-immigrant) student visa, but there are other visa types that are sometimes authorized for those who study in the US. An F-1 visa is for people who want to study at an accredited U.S. university or to study English at a university or intensive English language institute.

Once you have been accepted in a program, provided the required financial documents and paid your deposit, Lynn University will issue a Form I-20 from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You can then apply for a visa to study in the U.S. at Lynn.

After you obtain your visa, please review these next steps to prepare for your travel to the U.S.:

  • Notify when you obtain your visa.
  • Review the information on these pages carefully and contact International Study Center staff with any questions:
  • Send your flight information to This information is due 10 days before the program start date.
  • Book an arrival hotel, if necessary.
  • Complete the Immunization Compliance Form and email it to
  • Complete the Residence Hall Contract and email it to
  • Submit your academic documents (transcripts). During the application process, you provided scans of your original or official academic documents. To finalize the process and confirm your admission, you must submit the following items on or before arrival. Academic documents (transcripts) that have been certified and stamped by the appropriate authority at the issuing institution must be submitted to the university in the original sealed envelope. If the envelope has been previously opened, the documents are no longer considered official and will not be accepted. Original completion certificates (degree or secondary school test results) Official translations of all academic documents which were not issued in English.
  • Bring your immunization records, original secondary academic transcripts, original high school leaving examination results or diploma, any previous college transcripts, official English versions of all documents, and payment receipts to International Study Center orientation.

Please note:

Semester tuition and fees are due 1 month prior to the semester start date or immediately upon receipt of a visa.

Please use your official name (name on your passport and what you used to apply to Lynn) on all forms and correspondence with the International Study Center.

Joining us

Find out everything you need to know about online learning and the support you will receive.

Visa information

Students talking on campus

You will need to apply for a visa in order to study in the U.S. Here is all the information you need.

We’ll get you to where you want to be – Read our latest guidance for current students, or find out more about online learning.